Girls U16 training will commence on Saturday 10th February at 12.30pm for all post-primary girls. Please spread the word and encourage all players to come out and play in the season ahead.
Some of the reasons girls should be encouraged to continue to play sport:
- sense of comraderie and belonging
- increased energy levels, confidence and mental well being.
- less likely to be feeling lonely and bored daily, and also rarely feel depressed.
- higher self-esteem
- Pride and accomplishment
- Playing sport can help you academically
- and most important its enjoyable